He loves us, oh how He loves us!

Tonight, I was at theMill where Pastor Aaron Stern gave a great message on viewing ourselves through the lens of Jesus. As always, he had a creative bent which included a massive picture of Jesus hanging from the ceiling at the conclusion of his talk. Following the message, I went to pick up my kids in the nursery. I was talking with a college student as I walked toward the nursery. In the distance, I saw Dawson through a window and vocally yelled "there's Dawson!" I just blurted it out while in the midst of the conversation with this other guy. I couldn't help it. I just got so excited to see my boy!
You know where this is going...surely, God blurts out delight over each one of us all of the time. He blurted out His love for Jesus (Matthew 3). He love us. He really does. In the last few years, I have learned more about the love of God than any other time period of my life. Now, I'm a father. Surely, God's heart leaps over us, delights in us (Psalm 18:19), and sings over us (Zeph 3:17). It's so good to be a son!