The Joy of When He Returns...

Yesterday, as I drove home from the church, my stomach almost had butterfies because of my excitement to get home to see me kids. Dawson (3) runs to me full speed when I walk in and screams "Daddy!" Alivia smiles huge and comes running slowly behind him with a high pitched little scream. (She does everything that Dawson does)... And Addie, my little baby, smiles and claps when I get home. Honestly, it's the highlight of my day.
So, I was driving home thinking about walking in the door and I just told God how much I enjoyed coming home to see my tribe (family). On warm days, they are usually sitting on the porch waiting for me...

As I drove, I began to think about how excited Jesus must be to return to see His tribe (the Redeemed). There is a crown in heaven for all that long for Jesus return (2 Timothy 4:8), but imagine His joy to return for us. That will be the greatest day...