Joy Unspeakable


Today, my son was born. Justus David Paul Perkins was born at 2:44pm on April 6,2010. He was 8 lbs and 2 ounces.
My heart is beating so fast. It's hard to keep from smiling over and over again. Few words describe the unspeakable joy I feel tonight. Renata and I are so thankful that God has blessed us with our little family.
My older son, Dawson (age 5), sang spontaneous songs on the way to the hospital about his new brother. The girls were happy, but Dawson was giddy tonight when he held his brother that was only hours old. He kept saying, "I've got a brother, ya, ya, ya." We are all overjoyed. As this glorious day comes to a close, my heart is dancing in my chest.
Of course, I'm pondering the delight our heavenly Father takes in His children as well. It's an impossible parallel to ignore on a day like today. I'm so thankful to have a Heavenly Father that loves, delights, sings and rejoices over His children. Truly, we have a glorious Father that feels delight and spontaneously sings over His children.